Our Response to Covid - 19
We would like to reassure you that we are committed to making every effort to protect our guests and employees in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis and its aftermath.
Fáilte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter
We have been awarded the Fáilte Ireland Safety Charter, which confirms that we are following recommended guidelines and all of our team members have been trained in hygiene and safety controls. The COVID-19 Safety Charter is a Government-endorsed initiative to reinforce confidence in domestic and overseas visitors in tourism businesses. The COVID-19 Safety Charter is designed to give comfort and reassurance to employers, employees and customers that our business is operating safely.
What We Are Doing and Our Promise
We were already proud of our high standards of hygiene in the hotel and since COVID-19 we have implemented additional measures to help minimise the spread. As we have been updated by the government we are continually adjusting and improving our procedures prior to and since reopening on 29th June 2020.
In March we had a full external Audit completed by Cater Care Irelands leading Health and Safety Compliance Consultancy who specialise in Hotels and Food operations. This resulted in further training and implementing more detailed and stringent measures
throughout every department of the hotel. We now work with Cater Care on a full time basis and we made further changes ahead of our reopening on June 29th. We are delighted to be able to welcome guests back.
As we embrace the next stage of our Health & Safety procedures this page will be updated.
-The Hotel has a designated Covid Team currently working on implementation of recent Government guidelines setting out the hotel and each departments plans along with training .
- Sanitiser station at all entry points
- Hand Washing training carried out with all employees.
- We have circulated HSE & WHO Guidelines to ensure all correct procedures will be followed.
- Online check in and check out option will be encouraged (available from early July date TBC). Our ethos and mission of giving our guests a warm welcome is as important as ever
-Reviewed SOP’s and risk analysis with amended procedures and training for sanitising all hotel bedrooms after guest departure has been put in place.
- We have removed bed throws, extra pillows, magazines, pens, and guest directories from rooms and suites for further reassurance,(these items will be available on request during stay)
- We have a sufficient supply of hand sanitisers, gloves and masks throughout the hotel.
-The option of disposable gloves and masks for all our employees during food preparation.
- Touch points such as door handles, handrails, light switches, seating, lift buttons will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- All tables will be thoroughly cleaned with antibacterial spray after each customer leaves.
- Credit Card machines will be cleaned with antibacterial wipe after each use.
- We have closed our Coast Kids Club for the remainder of 2020 in line with Health and safety
- All public bathroom cleaning cycles have been increased.
- Our Swimming Pool & Gym are opening on 29 June please note at peak times the pool and gym may be full with a lowered min capacity in line with regulations. We will do as much as possible to accommodate residents
In line with government guidelines our Sauna, Steam room and Jacuzzi will not open in 2020
- Swimming Pool and areas adjoining – adjusted cleaning on a regular basis (cycles increased). Guests will be encouraged to change in bedrooms. Ladies and Gents changing room more stringently sanitised and cycles increased.
- Our Bar & Restaurant areas are very spacious and seating has been re- arranged in line with social distancing guidelines. With our advantage of having a very large spacious ground floor we are using our Bar area, Lounges, Café and Restaurants for spacious comfortable dining. Menus available digitally via QR Code as well as menu in sanitised plastic covers.
- Adjusted menus and stringent kitchen training procedures. Kitchen Zones created to minimise movements with additional cleaning and disinfection. Increased temperature in dishwasher.
-Room Service will not always be available however an added option of “Call and Collect” “take out” will replace current in room dining during the day/evening.
What We Are Asking Our Customers To Do
- Please continue to wash your hands regularly and on entrance to the hotel.
- Please use contactless payments where possible.
- Where possible avoid peak time dining times, Breakfast 9.30 -1030 am and Dinner 7.15 -8.30pm
- Departure time has been changed to 11am to allow for a more lengthy cleaning time for bedrooms, your assistance is appreciated in this area
- One member of each party / family check in – registering online where possible
- As advised by medical experts, please cough or sneeze into your arm/elbow (not hand).
- Avoid touching your face with your hands.
- If you feel ill or have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19, please follow HSE guidelines.
John & Brid O’Meara and the entire Management team look forward to welcoming our guests to Lahinch as we embrace the new Health and Safety procedures for everyone’s benefit.